Cards and more made by me for you.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Shower Gift

This weekend I went to my cousins baby shower.  I wasn't sure what I should get her but I wanted something special.  I had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to make the gift!  This is what I came up with-

I'm not much of a sewer but I figured I could handle hand sewing a 'play block' made out of fleece.  It took me two tries but I think it came out pretty good.  I enjoy designing frame projects, so I used my 'play block' as my inspiration for the frame. 
I used the Fox and Friends stamp set with Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Daffodil Delight.  I added some Tempting Turquoise ribbon and some buttons to embellish it.  I personalized it by adding 'Wyatt' with white stickers. 

I also made a baby card (it should have been coordinating, but I made the card before I knew what I was making- oh well they all turned out cute!)  
 I got the idea from the SU! 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog page 91.  I made the Pear Pizzazz envelope with the Big Shot Scallop Envelope.  The stamped images are from 'All in the Family' and 'For a Friend.'  

Thanks for looking!






1 comment:

  1. Stacy, What an awsome job you did on the block and the frame. They looked so cute togeter. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete